|Remote work:||Only remote work|
|Company:||Taylor & Francis Group|
Job descriptionInforma is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high-quality, peer-reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
The marketing manager will primarily be responsible for developing and managing the regional marketing strategy in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region supporting the overall commercial revenue target of Journals and Researcher services. Your primary responsibility is to protect and grow our Open Research/Open Science revenue in the sub Saharan Africa region and to be an advocate for Taylor & Francis Group’s expanding Open Research programs and initiatives. The role reports to the Marketing Head and will work across teams to drive go to market strategy and implementation.
Closing date for applications: 1st February 2022.
- Driving Open Research Revenue through engagement with key prospects within the SSA market
- Responsible for marketing Journals by planning and implementing effective marketing strategies with the aim of achieving authorship goals and contributing to a profitable, commercial business in the Sub-Saharan Africa Region.
- Drive marketing activities to drive our penetration in Sub Saharan Africa regions across journals, and other research solutions.
- Building relationships with key institutions, funders, and research centers to build protect revenue with a specific focus on new business
- Engaging with stakeholders externally to promote Taylor & Francis Group’s position in the Open Research community through conferences and presentation opportunities, supporting colleagues internally with Open Research expertise across the business
- Conceptualise and curate workshops, talks, webinars and other researcher engagement tactics
- Develop effective data analyses and messaging best practice to identify, segment, inform and attract the high-impact researchers.
- Aim to understand the needs of researchers, and opportunities, to develop profitable revenue streams for the organisation.
- Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to regional growth objectives
- Engage with internal stakeholders within team, across various departments to drive seamless marketing management and be a spokesperson of SSA region.
The successful candidate can work remotely but must be based in territory. You must have the right to work and live in South Africa. This role is open to candidates in all areas across South Africa.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/care
RequirementsWhat we are looking for:
Experience in Africa region
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advance digital marketing expertise
- Analytical mindset, data driven decisions
- Internal and external stake holder management by developing strong relationships
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment and market trends.
Posted on 11 Jan 16:19, Closing date 12 Mar