|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Company:||Elgin Free Range Chickens|
Job descriptionThe successful candidate will report to the Head of Production and Maintenance.
The responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Planning and monitoring work within the workshop including repairs and service of machinery and equipment used in the day-to-day functioning of the abattoir.
• Ensure machinery used in production is consistently maintained and oversee any repair work when required.
• Liaise with departmental management and production supervisors to establish convenient preventative service regimes to ensure minimal downtime/breakdowns.
• Compiling Asset Care Development Plans to be integrated into Pragma Asset Management program to ensure very high standard of Preventative Maintenance upheld.
• Report on workloads, participating in project reviews and giving advice regarding maintenance activities at the facility.
• Management of refrigeration units and temperatures in the plant.
• Liaising with suppliers/contractors with regards to equipment needed.
• Human resources management of the maintenance team through assisting in the supervision of artisans and maintenance personnel.
• Be responsible for adhering to repairs maintenance budgets.
• Install machinery and equipment, trouble shoot and test problems.
• Ability to tig, mig, arc and oxy weld and competent use of hand tools and power tools.
• Manufacture metal components and assemble them to construct industrial machinery, machine components or tools according to Hygienic design specifications and standards
• A sound knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and mechanics.
• Maintenance of the buildings, plant, water treatment plant, checking and maintaining of all water lines.
• Required to manage and oversee start up the plant and repairing of defects.
• Ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to health and safety requirements through adherence to Occupational Health and Safety, Hygiene, FSMS standards.
• Planning of work load according to orders and stock taking.
• Responsible for the reporting of any food safety related concern/s to immediate superior.
• Adherence to GMP’s, PRP’s, audits and inspections.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technology: Engineering (Mechanical).
• Pragma or similar Asset Management program experience.
• Disciplined, honest and reliable.
• Three to five years process and operational experience in food manufacturing environment.
• Computer literate.
• Risk Management.
• Project Management.
• Maintenance principles / practices and strategies.
• Team player and ability to maintain a positive attitude in the team.
• Sound communication skills and ability to give clear instructions.
• Sound experience in maintenance management, planning and budgeting.
• High levels of competence on people management and mechanical engineering, with ability to be a team player and maintain a positive attitude in the team.
• Willing to be on standby for breakdowns as well as overseeing and conducting of preventative maintenance over the weekend.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. The appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s EE Policy. Interested applicants should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]; clearly stating which position they are applying for, on or before 31st of January 2022. Candidates who apply from outside the Western Cape will be responsible for all relocation costs should their application be successful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you have not been contacted within 1 month, please consider your application unsuccessful.
All personal information of applicants will only be processed as allowed for by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI Act) and other relevant legislation, including labour legislation. Information collected may be shared with Operators and/or Third Parties who will be tasked to assist with specific recruitment functions as required and allowed by applicable company policy and in line with the POPI Act.
Posted on 06 Jan 17:11, Closing date 31 Jan