Junior Shop Manager / Cashier
|Location:||Cape Town, Green Point|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Company:||Elgin Free Range Chickens|
Job descriptionElgin Free Range Chickens, Greenpoint – Factory Shop
Will include but not be limited to, the following:
• Point of sale and payment system management and control, including management of till floats, petty cash, and sales payment processing by card payment and or cash payments, start up and end of day cash up.
• Perform all functions of a cashier
• Comply with security procedures including locking all security gates, allocation and integrity of alarm codes, shop opening and closing procedures and banking procedures.
• Ensure the cleanliness and proper functioning of the freezers including maintain the required temperature logs.
• Enhance customer’s perception of the EFRC brand by means of the professional appearance, friendly approach and thorough product knowledge, the neatness and cleanliness of the premises and freezers and the availability of our product range and good condition of products.
• Adherence to Occupational Health and Safety, Hygiene, FSMS standards.
• Assist in the maintaining of employee discipline including applying the necessary rules and regulations relative to the organization’s requirements.
• Assist in the supervision of the factory shop activities and performance of all staff.
• Utilizing labour, machines, and equipment effectively and efficiently.
• Assist in monitoring employee time and attendance, including accurate completion and submission of time sheets as requested.
• Responsible for ensuring factory shop premises are clean and neat at all times.
• Ensure all electronic communication facilities made available by EFRC are utilized for work purposes.
• Assist in monitoring stock levels and maintain availability of product range.
• Responsible for ensuring all stock is received in line with EFRC set stock delivery procedures including ensuring the careful handling of product by staff.
• Assist in stock management and application and practicing of ‘first in first out’ in selling of stock.
• Assist in enforcing staff dress code and hygiene.
• Assist with daily/monthly operational store checks and stock takes.
Requirements• 1 - 2 years’ experience working in a similar work environment.
• Minimum Grade 12 qualification.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and or Afrikaans, knowledge of an additional official language will be an added advantage.
• Computer literate.
• Understanding of the cold chain stock management and rotation system
• Self-motivated, self-starter and energetic.
• Well organised and enjoys administration.
• Good financial and analytical ability.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity
• Willing to work Saturdays, Public Holidays and or Sundays as required.
• Customer orientated.
• Honest and reliable individual.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. The appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s EE Policy. Interested applicants should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] clearly stating which position they are applying for. Candidates who apply from outside the Western Cape will be responsible for all relocation costs should their application be successful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you have not been contacted within 1 month, please consider your application unsuccessful.
All personal information of applicants will only be processed as allowed for by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI Act) and other relevant legislation, including labour legislation. Information collected may be shared with Operators and/or Third Parties who will be tasked to assist with specific recruitment functions as required and allowed by applicable company policy and in line with the POPI Act.
Posted on 15 Jul 21:26, Closing date 22 Jul