Junior Data Visualisation Developer
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Group Life and optional RA (Structured into CTC)|
|Location:||Cape Town, Johannesburg|
Job descriptionYou LOVE data and are happiest when delving into the numbers in order to understand, make sense of and find the story within the detail. You can clearly and easily spot the gaps and identify the opportunities by looking at graphs and charts, and you enjoy a challenge and don't shy away from finding a solution to a problem.
You have an analytical mind with the creative ability to simplify and visually represent data in an easy to understand and aesthetically appealing way.
You are not afraid of numbers or technology and have “stickability” when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve and figuring out how to use new and complex software. You enjoy calculations and attention to detail and accuracy are non-negotiables in your work output and deliverables.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are positive and proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed. You have strong interpersonal skills and are confident in your communication and can engage professionally with and build rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required.
It will be to your advantage to have experience or an interest in market research and the role you play will be crucial in ensuring that the insights team identifies, articulates and provides powerful and actionable insights to our clients within the FMCG industry and beyond.
You will work in a cross-functional team and will report directly into the Delivery Manager. You will be working closely with the Projects, Operations and Commercial teams in the development and running of client reports on a monthly, weekly or daily basis, and on client specific projects, reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Running of monthly reports and checking as required.
- Delivery of monthly reporting frameworks to end users.
- New report set-ups and ongoing development and changes to existing reports.
- Development and delivery of client specific reporting in conjunction with the Commercial Team.
- Carrying out of other ad-hoc Insights requests.
RequirementsA tertiary qualification, business science in marketing, PDGM, BCom Marketing or equivalent. Industry related working experience in FMCG, Customer Insights, Market Research or Retail related industry would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement. Any Tableau-related experience or exposure would by highly advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Project).
- Experience in data analysis and databases would be advantageous.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with a technical team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Methodical with a thorough approach to work.
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company. We provide market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process, and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions, that are customised to our client’s needs. We have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries, and we are passionate about breaking down data silos and transforming companies into businesses driven by sourcing, integrating and actioning data.
Our Values are the absolute foundation of our business, and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing the brightest talent, to allow the right skills at the right place at the right time and for us to constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment. The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are;
Posted on 13 Jun 14:16, Closing date 12 Aug