The IT Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, servers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. He or She works with the US ISS (Information Solutions and Services) Operations team and US ISS Infrastructure team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades, and routine tasks.
- Provides support of computer hardware, software, printers, applications, operating systems, servers, and network devices.
- Ensures the weekly update of the Bitdefender Anti-virus of servers and clients.
- Performs regular backups of servers, user files, and network shared files.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Maintains the office IT system and upgrades when required or as instructed by HQ.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Manages and collaborates with third party suppliers/vendors where appropriate and ensures that vendor performance and provision of services and quality is in line with FHI 360 expectations that enable FHI 360 to meet or exceed service levels.
- Responsible for the optimal operation of all office devices and end user computing environments hardware, peripherals, which directly support and help manage the end user computing environment.
- Supports organizational wide priorities by ensuring optimal support and timely resolution of incidents.
- Demonstrates complete ownership of all incidents or service requests.
- Responsible for tracking and progress of all incidents to conclusion
- Identifies and promotes technical and operational “best practices.”
- Trains staff on newly deployed technologies
- Reviews and enforces FHI 360’s policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must speak and write fluent English.
- Moderate understanding of Information Technology industry practices.
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2013, 2016, Windows 7 & 10, Office 365, Exchange 2013, Exchange Online, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
- Telecommunications: PABX, VoIP, voice mail, and peripheral devices
- Server: Windows Server 2012 & 2016, DFS, WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
- Network: Cisco routers/switches, Meraki, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
BS/BA and 3 – 6 years relevant experience; or AA and 6 – 8 years relevant experience; or High School/GED and 8 – 10 years relevant experience or the international equivalent. Vocational or specialized training; Equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.