THREE (3) YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
HEAD OFFICE; WOODSTOCK
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
DTHF is looking for an IT Manager to oversee the Information Technology (IT) function as part of the core operations team, line managing a small team of IT Technicians and providing vital IT support to DTHF Head office, implementation sites and staff. The successful candidate will refine, implement and disseminate the company’s IT strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support DTHF operations and objectives are in place. The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our company so as to facilitate the success of our business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Management Information Systems or related Degree
- 5+ years’ working experience in IT Management and leading teams
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems
- Expert knowledge on Microsoft office suite, Business Management Systems
- Experience in data centre management and data governance particularly in the NGO sector
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of Business Analysis tools and ability to present data to a broad audience e.g. Power BI
- High customer service orientation – interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Organisation and time management
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Effective in management and leadership of people
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Continuous learning – keep abreast of technology trends and developments
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department to ensure technology and systems implemented are aligned and support organizational objectives
- Select and implement suitable technology solutions to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Business systems management
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate disseminate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Audit IT systems and assess their outcomes
- Direct and manage IT-related projects
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Facilitate IT use and cyber-security training for all DTHF staff
- Select and manage third party relationships with vendors and service providers
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees by 21 st January 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit the DTHF Career page to view the advert and apply: DTHF_Career Page
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that by applying for this position, I authorized DTHF to process my personal information in accordance with its internal operational requirements.
I further understand that the personal information I disclose to DTHF will be processed in accordance with the requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act and may include the transferring thereof to third parties for the purposes of verification.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu Health Foundation is a child-friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhealthfoundation.org.za