Works with Senior Internal Auditors and Internal Audit Management to plan and perform high quality internal audits.
The role of the Internal Auditor within the Office of Compliance and Internal Audit (OCIA) is to provide objective assurance that FHI 360’s business risks are being managed appropriately and internal control framework is operating effectively.
The Internal Auditor conducts internal financial, operational, and/or system audits and risk assessments. The Internal Auditor may test and document financial and computer system records for information system integrity and transaction accuracy. The Internal Auditor works in engagement teams and takes a part in developing audit plans, understands the specific issues to be evaluated, and executes internal audits within established business process controls. Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and regulatory compliance agencies, if applicable, and makes recommendations as appropriate. Requires audit knowledge and skills in finance/accounting and/or information system operations. Knowledge of U.S. government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and other international development funder requirements is preferred. English fluency required, proficiency in French language preferred.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes compliance risk data as part of annual risk assessment and engagement-based assessment.
- Reviews financial and operational information to develop a risk-based audit scope.
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the company internal audit program.
- Documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management based on the results of audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conducts noncomplex investigations of irregularities discovered by internal and external auditor reviews under guidance of Audit Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with general principles and process involved in conducting an internal audit.
- Familiar with automated financial reporting, U.S. government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems, and Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for U.S. Government Federal Awards (Title 2 Code of Federal Regulations Part 200) regulations.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) and/or international development field preferred.
- Accounting, Audit, Finance and/or other related field certifications (i.e., CIA; CPA; CFE) preferred.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting software preferred.
- International experience and proficiency in French language preferred.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identify and recognize routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
- Develop solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
- Explains basic accounting and internal audit trends and variations from prior periods, budget and/or forecast.
- Resolves basic issues related to internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- An appropriate audit trail is maintained for all transactions.
- External and internal audit requests are met timely, without outstanding issues.
- Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Provides recommendations with issues and processes to make departmental improvements.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent. Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- 3 – 5 Years of progressive responsibilities and experiences in finance and accounting, financial analysis, internal/external audit required.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Proficiency in French language preferred.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally (Greater than 25%)
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.