Job Identification : 4269
Locations : Johannesburg, South Africa
Posting Date : 06/17/2022, 06:38 AM
Apply Before : 07/11/2022, 12:38 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G6
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : High School certificate – 6 year(s) experience
A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science is desirable.
Required Languages : English
French and/or Spanish
Vacancy Timeline : 3 Weeks
Job Category : Information Technology
The ICT Associate position is located in the UNFPA East and Southern Regional Office, Johannesburg and under the overall guidance of the International Operations Manager (IOM) Country Representative, reports directly to the ICT Specialist.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The ICT Associate is responsible for assisting with: implementing ICT policies and standards established by the HQ; providing ICT and administrative support services to the UNFPA Regional Office; and providing daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure.
You would be responsible for:
- Ensures effective functioning of the Regional Office hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performs specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Assists in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades;
- Assists in upgrading patch and anti-virus programmes on a timely basis;
- Supports users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention;
- Assists in ensuring ICT security in the regional office:
- Normal users do not have administrative rights to their PCs and portable computers;
- Unauthorized software is not loaded onto computers.
- Supports networks administration, focusing on the following:
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems;
- Responds to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Provides user support, administrative support, focusing on the following:
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Assist the operations team with raising requisitions for the office
- Ensure all ICT vendors are paid on time
- Assist in the orientation of new staff, introducing them to UNFPA applications
- Maintenance of printers ensuring enough toner and paper supplies
- Managing boardrooms ensuring that the equipment is always serviced and working
- ICT incident and service request management for RO
- Maintains the inventory and stock of supplies and including stationery;
- Provides ICT support to key events.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education required. A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 6 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications;
- Relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application required, including Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP);
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security, viral protection systems & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Managing the organization’s resources
- Managing data, information and work flow
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.