Health and Wellness Counsellor
|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
- Provide psychotherapy and counselling services to students concerning personal, academic, social, emotional and career development.
- Working with groups regarding the diagnosis and treatment of psycho-educational problems and making referrals to other professionals when the need arises.
- Act as liaison between Student Support Services and Academic Departments, as well as the Student
- Representative Council on matters related to student's health and wellness.
- Identify students presenting with barriers to learning within an Inclusive Education and Training Model and to implement proposed interventions.
- Conduct Psychometric Assessment and Career Counselling.
- Perform psychological and academic screening and implement interventions aiming to enhance student's retention and throughput.
- Conduct development and learning workshops to students.
- Plan/Coordinate wellness awareness programmes for students
Please ensure that you clearly state the relevant post reference number on your application. Failure to attach the requested documents and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: 021- 9709019
Northlink College is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act. Appointments will be made according to the Employ n Equity plan of the institution. No absolute barriers will be created against persons from the non-designated groups. The College reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not received a reply within sixty (60) days after the closing date, you can consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Degree in the field of Educational Psychology/ Counselling Psychology/ Psychometry/Social Work Registered Counsellor.
- Current Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
- One year experience in working with students in Education. (Recommendation)
- Bilingual. (English plus Afrikaans or isiXhosa.)
- Computer Literate. (MS Office: Excel and Word)
- Valid Drivers License.
Posted on 16 Jul 16:58
+27 21 970 9019