mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Grants & Compliance Officer is responsible for facilitating and enforcing compliance with m2m policies and donor agreements. This includes the review and approval of consultant agreement, service level agreements, and other commercial agreements such as leases. The Grants & Compliance Officer works closely with and supports other m2m departments to ensure organisational compliance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Draft, review, negotiate and facilitate signature of commercial agreements.
- Facilitate set up of new awards and modifications of awards in financial management system.
- Assist to ensure data integrity of awards in the financial management system.
- Manage m2m consultancy process.
- Assist to develop training materials.
- Manage compliance of deliverables submissions.
- Support country office compliance and governance.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on compliance issues and questions.
- Assist to ensure compliance with donor regulations and m2m policies.
- Assist to facilitate training sessions.
- Conduct annual assessment of donor branding and marking compliance.
- Identify and inform Donor policy requirements.
- Assist with development and implementation of policies, as required.
- Assist with regular review and updates of m2m policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business or relevant field preferred.
- At least 3 – 5 years relevant experience in U.S. federal and/or private grants/contracts management.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and grant management.
- Demonstrated expertise with researching, interpreting, and applying donor regulations.
- Experience with corporate governance management preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative and ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Strong planning, organisational, analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
- Ability to learn complex procedures swiftly and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail, administrative, organisational and written and verbal communication skills are essential functions of this position.
- Fluency in English.
- Working independently within expressed parameters, regularly scheduled tasks and adherence to strict deadlines is essential.