Front-End Developer/UX Designer
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
Job descriptionYou are an experienced and skilled professional with strong front-end design and development knowledge and skills. You are a natural at understanding human-computer interaction design and are able to observe user behavior to improve the visible design of applications. You have a keen understanding of modern tech stacks and are proficient in crafting aesthetically beautiful interfaces.
You will be part of the IT development team that is responsible for the development and maintenance of the DataOrbis Platform. The Platform is a collection of standalone, cloud-based applications that allows non-technical, data-savvy users to facilitate their data management requirements, and is a key strategic and operational function within DataOrbis business which is used by both our internal operational team as well as our external clients.
You display patience and tenacity in the execution of tasks and in the resolution of issues and working in a changeable environment energises you. The role you play will be key in the IT Development team and you will be responsible for the design and development of all front-end related work as well as ensuring that interfaces are meticulously designed and are thus easy and pleasant for users to interact with.
You enjoy a challenge and are passionate about how users interact with applications and possess the technical ability to take your design and implement it in code. You are able to work independently in creating a solid framework for future front-end development at DataOrbis and have the confidence and knowledge to own this important space entirely.
You have worked collaboratively in a team-based environment, engaging professionally with both individual team members and departments. You will report into the Head of IT and work closely with the IT manager, product manager and the development team, while also engaging with DataOrbis users such as the Operations and Projects teams.
Design practical and functional interfaces that delight our users by:
- Understanding customers and their needs through engagement with users and providing feedback
- Using business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements
- Designing the interface and interaction flow of each module
- Developing wireframes and prototypes where required
- Being an integral part of the design process
- Continually evaluating and evolve the way we design for our users
Develop and maintain the DataOrbis core and component libraries by:
- Executing core and component libraries for front-end development across Platform Modules
- Following the agile SDLC process for the library set (Plan, Analyse, Design, Implement, Test, Integrate, Maintain)
- Ensuring that the library set is well-defined, readily available to other developers and easily accessible via an API
- Enforcing congruent design across the space as multiple developers utilize the library set over time
- Continuously evaluating emerging technologies to ensure that the front-end stack evolves appropriately
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are;
– Leadership and passion
– Innovation and continuous improvement
- A tertiary qualification in computer science, human-computer interaction, or a similar field.
- Minimum of three years of professional front-end development centered around the user experience.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns
- Competence in working with Angular 9 or similar frameworks
- Knowledge of working with RESTful Services and APIs
- Experience working with Jasmine and Karma or similar test frameworks
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g. responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design
- Experience in the user-centered design process
- Strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Experience designing applications with a specialty in web design
- Examples of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies
- Effective time management in prioritizing and executing tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered as well as interact positively with users to gain input
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Action and delivery orientated
- High attention to detail
- Innovative and results-driven
- Passionate and self-motivated
Posted on 23 Oct 12:42