|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
Job descriptionThe ideal incumbent needs to be a positive and proactive team player who will be involved in the monthly processing of the accounts and reconciliations and will support the financial manager in the statutory reporting, financial planning, analyses and reporting of financial performance across the DataOrbis business entities.
An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the application of IFRIS principles, tax laws and legislation will be essential, and the accountant will be key in the audit preparation and assist with tax payments and the preparation of forecasts and budgets across the departments and businesses.
The role the Accountant will play will be crucial in ensuring that the DataOrbis companies are fairly represented from a financial perspective and experience in working within a small to medium sized business would be beneficial as would proficiency in NetSuite and/or other equivalent financial cloud based system.
The Accountant will report directly into the Finance Manager and will work closely and collaboratively with the finance and support team as well as with the clients, suppliers, auditors, management companies and associated tax authorities in the other DataOrbis regions.
- Processing of cash books
- Full creditors and debtors’ function
- Maintaining the asset register
- Processing of intercompany transactions including month end journals, payroll reconciliations and accruals
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly management reporting
- Payroll processing and administration
- Assistance with the quarterly budgeting and forecasting across the departments and business units
- VAT Calculations, filing and submission
- Audit preparation and management
- Cash flow management
- Finance team guidance and assistance
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are;
– Leadership and passion
– Innovation and continuous improvement
Your skills and experience include:
- Finance related degree, BCom Accounts, Newly qualified CA with articles
- One to two years’ experience within a financial role in a small to medium sized business would be preferable
- Proficiency in NetSuite would be a distinct advantage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Logical and structured thought process
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Deadline Orientated
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership and remains accountable
Posted on 10 Feb 07:28