mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org .
Finance Officer – CHAMP
The purpose of this position is responsible for the preparation of donor financial reports and other internal financial reports for the USAID-funded and m2m-led Children and Adolescents Are My Priority project for OVC/DREAMS The role will conduct initial reviews of sub awards financial reports; monitor sub awards budge, and help manage the multi-million CHAMP budget according to rigorous standards and assist with procurement of major goods and services for offices/field teams in three districts of Mpumalanga Province.
Key Performance Areas:
- Receive quotations and recommend vendor selection in line with the m2m procurement policy.
- Prepare procurement documentation such as sole source justifications and file them accordingly
- Review Purchases requisitions and quotations for accuracy and VAT compliance before obtaining sign off from the Finance and Operations Manager
- Review documents to setup new suppliers in the accounting system and ensure all required documents are supplied and filed.
- Ensure supplier information and do relevant background checks and terrorist/debarment checks
- To ensure monthly payment reports are produced for the cash flow analysis
- Participate on updating list of preferred vendors for CHAMP and suggest new vendors required for the CHAMP project
- Prepare liquidation reports for staff travel and salary advances and other unliquidated purchases orders per organizational and USG parameters
- Investigate and resolve liquidation of purchase orders per m2m guidelines and follow-up with Finance Officer and Operations and Administration Assistant
3. Budget Management
- Prepare the CHAMP cash request for review and sign off by the Finance and Operations Manager
- Prepare USAID advance disbursements and liquidations reports for review and acceptance by the Finance and Operations Manager
- Prepare the CHAMP accruals report for review and sign off by the Finance and Operations Manager
- Update the CHAMP budget on to the Adaptive system and identification of cost drivers and also assist preparing budget notes for the CHAMP budget
- Conduct initial reviews of financial reports and budgets for sub recipients and help ensure their compliance to USG standards and facilitate review and sign off by the Finance and Operations Manager
- Review the monthly bank reconciliations for the CHAMP for submission to the Finance and Operations Manager for review
4. Assets and other administration
- Maintain the fixed asset register and reconcile the sub-ledger and general ledger on a monthly basis
- Conduct routine asset checks as per the asset register and policy
- Prepare other summaries for review by the Finance and Operations Manager and HR Officer
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
- Accounting/Business degree
- CPA qualification highly desirable
- Knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations and PEPFAR/USAID programming highly desirable
- Approximately 3-5 years of work experience in relevant role
- Focused and versatile team player that works well under pressure
- High level of computer proficient including the ability to operate MS Office (Word, Excel) and accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and with diverse team members
- Integrity, professionalism and transparency
- Highly independent individual, results and solution oriented with ability to prioritize and produce high quality outputs consistently
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.