Digital Account Director
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fabulous job opportunity for an experienced and passionate, mid-senior?Digital Account Director to join the Cape Town team at a hot, awarded advertising agency. As Digital Account Director, you should be someone who views marketing and advertising as a career and not a job. You are passionate about digital, brands, strategy and memorable campaigns. You will be reporting into the Business Lead across multiple clients and multiple disciplines, with support from two Account Managers. You will need to be able to hit the ground running from day one, be a self-starter and drive excellence.
In this role you will be responsible for the profitable management of at least three important clients; ownership of the relationship with all levels of client and support, and the empowerment and growth of junior team members. You will be working predominantly on Content Marketing and Digital campaigns and some through-the-line campaigns on a portfolio of financial clients. The successful candidate is passionate about the advertising and communications industry, highly motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Is it you?
- Master client business and relationships to be a client partner, indispensable to their business, ensuring longevity and profitability
- Full ownership of your accounts, taking accountability for all work presented and delivered
- Drive and meet all financial targets, ensure accurate forecasting
- Responsible for financial health of your accounts, understanding profitability and driving efficiencies and correct resourcing on your accounts
- Mentoring, supporting and growing your team to ensure success
- Empowering your seniors with the correct information to ensure that they correctly support you and the client
- Have tough and honest conversations with your client to enable your team to deliver excellence and you create trust through positive outcomes
- Have confident presentation skills with the ability to sell work effectively
- Be a strategic partner to your clients, enabling you to guide and drive better work, better business conversations and build business
- Maintain the integrity of the creative strategy and work throughout the campaign
- Exceptional management of client expectations
- Have the ability to manage all kinds of personalities and always strive to get the best out of each individual
- Have an excellent knowledge understanding of the client, the agency, the strategy and the process in order to deliver efficiently and to the highest quality
- Communicate with excellence, maturity and intent when writing or speaking
- Keep abreast of what is happening in the market (broad communication trends and client competitor work) in order to add additional value to your client’s business
- Be prepared to work long hours as and when is necessary in order to deliver according to the deadline and to support the broader team
- Join in the agency culture to build strong relationships across the business.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Educated to Degree level
- 3-6 years’ experience in Digital Account Management in Communication
- Managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders seamlessly to deliver according to brief, strategy and to the highest standard
- You must have experience running jobs, projects and campaigns from start to finish with little senior support
- Experience driving out the production of high-quality printed material is critical
- Digital experience is essential
- Experience on Chase is preferred
- Financial experience is preferred
- Experience in the publishing and content industry is a plus
- Accountable, not afraid to own your mistakes
- Efficient, do more upfront to ensure that everything is smooth down-the-line
- Curious, always asking smart questions
- Solution orientated, understanding the problems to drive the right solutions
- Obsessed with the finances on your accounts
- Highly organised
- Easily self-manage
- A team player
- Enjoy working under pressure
- Working independently and collaboratively with key team members
- Hungry to learn and grow and always willing to try something new
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment
- A passion for storytelling
- An OCD for detail and a drive for perfection
- Deadline awareness and ability to handle all kinds of pressure
- Taking initiative and ownership of your projects – never be a paper-pusher!
- Pro-actively solving problems
- An acute sense of responsibility and accountability
- Cool, calm and optimistic
- Enjoying the thrill of a challenge
- Motivated by a desire to add value to client
- A sense of humour
- Celebrate the small stuff.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 16 Mar 05:53
+27 21 422 1037