Communications/Public Relations Manager
|Remuneration:||R30000 - R40000 per month negotiable|
|Location:||Cape Town, Rondebosch|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Anchor Executive Recruitment|
Job descriptionThis is an exciting communications manager position within this prominent Non-Profit organisation whose aim is to mobilise large sum resources for the advancement and development of a prominent Children’s Medical Care organisation. In order to generate the funding from a broad range of sources, it is imperative that the organisation keeps a high level of visibility and prominence in the donor market, both from the Corporate sector, Trusts, Major Donor organisations and from individual benefactors both locally and internationally.
This role is part of the Fundraising Team, working closely with all facets of the team whose objective is to meet high level targets and achieve on behalf of the organisation. It is a hands-on role which requires a practical approach and a commitment to the organisation, at times, after hours when events or functions take place. It also requires the investigation in the hospital and sourcing of stories tor children’s experiences that would create interest and empathy for this cause.
The overall duties and responsibilities will be:
- Plan, develop and implement effective Communications, PR and Marketing strategies and implementation plans that are aligned with the organisation’s overall strategies.
- Implement a proactive national and international PR plan that includes pro bono advertising and publicity opportunities.
- Visit the hospital regularly to engage with hospital staff, patients, and parents to collect storytelling content.
- Write and edit all content for press releases, talking points, presentations, scripts and other materials.
- Create positive coverage for the organisation across national and international media platforms.
- Ensure messaging aligns with key organisational strategies.
- Media placements and pitching stories; creating on-brand marketing communication and correspondence.
- Media liaison, source and manage speaking opportunities for the organisation.
- Brief and assist digital agency with creation of content for social media platforms
- Work in collaboration with videographer and photographer to coordinate the implementation of photography, radio and video shoots, recording and production in and outside the hospital.
- Coordinate external and Internal communications flow (memo’s, stakeholder communications, emails etc).
- Manage organisational reputation at all times.
- Identify and recommend solutions in times of PR crises.
- Communicate with media regularly – manage all media enquiries and arrange interviews.
- Build long term relationships with influencers, ambassadors and key media stakeholders.
- Respond to media inquiries, sourcing quotes and commentary on behalf of organization management.
- Respond to time sensitive communications deliverables working swiftly to support management team.
- Monthly reporting - Collating and analysing media coverage
- Coordinate and implement internal and external organisational and donor events professionally and within budget
Company DescriptionSpecialist in recruitment for the non-profit sector.
Skills and qualifications needed:
- Public Relations Degree/Diploma or related qualification
- Qualification in Marketing Communication and Project Management will be an added advantage
- Must be highly skilled is MS Office at advanced level (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum seven to eight years working experience in public relations and proven track record of creating and executing successful marketing communications strategies.
- Experience in shaping ideas, facts and technical/clinical information around people and human values into emotive storytelling.
- Experience and a strong track record in copy writing, proof reading and editing.
- Ability to recognise and build valuable, long-term professional relationships, identify opportunities to achieve goals.
- Experience in conducting media interviews and very comfortable speaking publicly.
- Extensive knowledge of the South African and international media landscape, with vast media contacts and comprehensive knowledge of the media sector, including broadcast, digital and print.
- Proven experience in Reputation Management.
- Knowledge of how to influence and guide various types of media (media management).
- Experience in analysing PR data and report writing
- Experience in negotiating pro bono and discounted media placements
- Experience in in-person and digital Event Planning and facilitating logistics of events with strong project management experience.
- Experience in using traditional and digital media platforms.
- Understand the synergy between PR and Marketing.
- A clear understanding of the power of branding and USP in PR and Marketing communication.
- Ability to shape the organisation’s image and values, as well as the appropriate methods to communicate them to the public.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to create content plans and writing captivating content.
- Self-motivated with strong project- and time-management skills
- Proactive, problem solving and attentive to detail
- Creative out of the box thinking – displaying innovative ways of working
- Must have drivers’ licence and own vehicle
Posted on 05 Mar 10:54
083 234 4261