Dannhauser Local Municipality (KZ 254) is a Local Municipality incorporating Hattingspruit and Durnacol with its seat at Dannhauser invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the
DEPARTMENT : BUDGET AND TREASURY
CO – ORDINATOR (ASSETS)
- 3 year National Diploma in Asset Management or equivalent (NQF 6)
- The incumbent should be able to understand the intricate elements of asset management.
- 2 – 3 years in related field
- Must own a cellphone
OTHER PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma (NQF level 7)
- A Bachelors Degree qualification equips the incumbent to operate not only at the operational level, but also at the strategic level where she/he provides advisory inputs to the organization in respect of asset management.
- 3 – 4 years relevant experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and controls specific accounting procedures associated with asset acquisition and disposal thereof.
- Maintains the records of assets of the municipality through applying internal control procedures to check, verify, update asset details. In respect of acquisition, verify valuation and location details.
- Uses specific formulae and factors to calculate depreciation for inclusion into financial reports.
- Prepares motivation for write off and disposal of assets through auction sales or other prescribed means of disposal foe assets exceeding the allowable life cycle.
- Co-ordinates Asset management operations for the municipality.
TASK 121 OF A GRADE 2 MUNICIPALITY (R24 678.46 – R32 034.01) plus normal fringe benefits including pension, medical aid, group life and 13th cheque.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION BY E-MAIL OR FAX WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Applications should note that if they are not notified of the outcome of their applications within 30 days of the closing date for submission of applications, they may conclude that their applications were not successful.
The municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment following the placement of this advertisement.
Application marked “CO – ORDINATOR (ASSETS)’’ shall be sent to the Municipal Manager, 8 Church Street, Dannhauser, 3080, or handed in at Church Street, Dannhauser, 3080
Any enquiries relating to this advertisement may be directed to the Manager Corporate Services, Mrs. Sharda Narothum, at 8 Church Street, Dannhauser, office no. 5 main building of Head Office, who can also be contacted on 034 621 2666 ext 208 during office hours commencing from 07H30 – 16H00,
with a lunch interval between 13H00 – 13H30.
28TH FEBRUARY 2020
NOTICE NO. 5/02/2020