Chief Executive Officer
Fixed-term contract until the general election 2024
Please note only applications reflecting the reference number (above) will be considered.
The DA wishes to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated leader as chief executive officer, who will report directly to the chairperson of the Federal Council and the federal leader.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and refining the goals and strategy of the party (together with relevant stakeholders)
- Leading and managing the professional staff of the DA in operationalising the strategy determined by the party’s leadership
- Ensuring that the party’s brand and communications guide is regularly reviewed and updated (in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders)
- Planning and developing all aspects of general election campaigns, including by-elections (in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders)
- Coordination of qualitative and quantitative market research
- Sound and strategic management of the party’s finances
- Developing and refining a fundraising strategy
- Overseeing the design, development and ongoing modification of systems to streamline operational functions and produce meaningful data for the party
- Working with the marketing team to develop and operationalise a digital, social media and online strategy
- Enhancing and leading an HR and employee relations strategy
- Ensuring that the necessary training programmes are developed and rolled out to all party structures
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements and regulations of the party are adhered to (in conjunction with the Corporate Services team)
- Taking overall responsibility for the roll-out of the DA’s 2021 and 2024 election campaigns.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or seven years’ experience in a senior management position
- Extensive experience in strategy and organisational development
- Strong commitment to the principles and programme of action of the DA
- Sound knowledge of, aptitude for and interest in politics
- Ability to foster a high organisational performance culture and a corporate culture that promotes individual integrity and ethical practices
- Ability to develop a financial strategy and financial model to support the party’s strategic objectives
- Ability to fundraise for the party
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven record of initiative, problem-solving, and the ability to recognise and implement improvements to systems
- Ability to analyse and interpret statistical data
- Commitment to work long hours, weekends and public holidays
- Commitment to a substantial amount of domestic and international travel
- Good negotiation and diplomatic skills
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of more than one South African language is desirable.
To apply online, visit https://www.da.org.za/get-involved/jobs-at-the-da .
- Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered.
- Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
- Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Please also note that we reserve the right not to make any appointments.
- Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or undergo any health-related tests, in order to be shortlisted.
Freedom. Fairness. Opportunity. Diversity.
Posted on 20 Apr 09:29