Business Development Executive
|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Cape Town|
Job descriptionYou are a professional extrovert who is competitive and trustworthy. You have the skills to grow our business within the Southern African region by engaging with both existing and potential clients. You love both data and the thrill of the chase of sales, comfortably engaging with potential clients, who can benefit from our DataOrbis service offerings.
The Business Development Executive is responsible for discovering and pursuing new sales prospects, negotiating deals and maintaining customer satisfaction. You have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable reaching out to potential customers to demonstrate our services. Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contribute to our company’s rapid and sustainable growth.
You are interested in brand management, marketing and data and either have experience in, or are willing to immerse yourself into the world of FMCG in order to understand the critical importance that distribution, brand and category management plays in the industry.
You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and building rapport with both internal team members and external clients as required. You are comfortable to professionally engage with the key players in the industry and can meet and present with confidence and facilitate meetings effectively. You are very comfortable with and like to travel and have no problem spending time on the road.
You embrace technology and see the value in data and have determination when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand the DataOrbis platform, processes and service offerings.
You are positive, proactive and enjoy getting stuck in where needed and can engage professionally with and build rapport and manage up and down effectively, communicating continuously and ensuring an effective and efficient hand over to our Client Success team ensuring clear timelines and deliverables are communicated.
You will report directly into the Business Development Manager and will work closely with the greater Business Development team as well as the client success and projects teams ensuring that client deals are sealed.
- Conduct market research to identify selling possibilities and evaluate customer needs.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media.
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on our services.
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results.
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams.
- Attends meetings, taking and sending minutes and action items for follow up, for effective set up of ongoing delivery as required.
- Develops and builds professional relationships with clients to understand their needs, propose and explain how our solutions will add value to their business.
- Maintaining accurate records as required by the business.
- Specs out the client’s requirements and briefs into the Client Success, Projects and Data Visualisation Teams.
- Manages the project team engagement, and provides support regarding documentation as relates to new clients.
- Ongoing engagement and follow-up with data sources and providing feedback to the teams as required.
- Report checking and verification during the set-up and delivery process.
- Updates and ensures that Information is accurately captured and managed within the company’s CRM system as relates to new clients.
- Travels locally and regionally in order to engage with clients as required.
- Reviewing sales performance.
- Achieve annual targets.
RequirementsA tertiary qualification, business science in marketing, PDGM, BCom marketing or equivalent. Two years industry-related working experience in FMCG, customer insights, market research or retail related industry. Systems understanding of EPOS, barcodes and retail data would be an advantage but is not a necessary requirement.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, Teams).
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Passion for sales.
- Basic analytical understanding and ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis.
- Impeccable e-mail etiquette.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Technically proficient with the ability to explain complex IT concepts non-technical people.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects.
- Fluent in English with definite advantage in Afrikaans.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Self-motivated with perseverance, patience and passion.
- Commercial awareness.
- Effective time management in order to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to professionally communicate, train and facilitate meetings and presentations to both small and large groups of varying levels of seniority.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to build and elicit trust.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Service and delivery orientated.
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are;
Posted on 10 Jun 09:53