|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
Job descriptionYou are a professional business analyst and a technically proficient team member with strong business process and best practice knowledge as relates to application design and development.
You have 'stickability' when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve to fully understand the DataOrbis technology stack, processes and service offerings.
You are skilled in executing business analysis tasks and completing the required specification documentation to ensure that new development projects and relevant project enhancements are delivered on time and according to user requirements. Where required, you can be counted on to drive testing through the various test cycles and will be responsible for creating and facilitating testing plans, test cases and running user acceptance sessions.
You have strong attention to detail and can put together reader-friendly digital “user guides” ensuring that all and sundry have the know-how for the successful usage of application enhancements.
You are proactive and tenacious and are happiest when assisting, gathering, analysing and validating business requirements in the execution of Business Analysis tasks.
You are interpersonally skilled and a strong administrator who loves data and are comfortable in collaborating, engaging with and building rapport with various development teams and both internal and external application users as required.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment and are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all involved are aware of timelines and deliverables as per the user requirements.
You will be part of the development team and will report directly into the Product Manager. You will work closely with all Development team members and business stakeholders ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the user needs.
Responsibilities and deliverables
1. Project requirement gathering and documentation
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders by professionally engaging with internal team members and external stakeholders through the running of requirement gathering sessions.
- Effectively understand business requirements and translate these into usable technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain functional specification documents for internal projects and relevant project enhancements including business requirement specifications and project charters
- Negotiate project requirements and assist with / provide support in defining needs and managing expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure sign off of requirements both ahead of and during development phase.
- Understand, document, and escalate project risks and work closely with the full Development team to design and implement solutions.
- Assist in estimations of effort.
- Ensure project deliverables are uploaded and constantly updated in the Company’s project management software.
- Manage version control through the development cycle.
- Facilitate and coordinate User Acceptance Testing.
- Creation of, and training in, Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Work hand in hand with the Product Manager on all client and business projects.
- Create and confirm, with the Product Manager, user stories / use cases relevant to new projects as they arise.
- Assist in the estimation of effort and building of Project Plans with the Product Manager and Technical Software Development Manager.
- Ensure assigned story points and work items are maintained and updated on JIRA Portfolio.
- Ensure that all specification, standard operating procedure, and training documentation is up to date and current.
- Plan, schedule and ensure that all team members receive training on any new client or business project that is implemented into a production environment.
- Train and mentor new team members by conducting training.
- Identify learning opportunities to empower team members.
- Participate in the feedback sessions with team members, capture outcomes, suggestions or requirements and assess relevance and priority. Add new tickets into existing project epics or backlogs.
Attend and contribute to daily stand-up meetings and all project related sessions.
- Monitor progress on project delivery, and the continuous removal of roadblocks ensuring deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Carry out more complex and detailed ad hoc tasks and projects as briefed in by the Product Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex ad hoc issues and communicate progress and challenges on an ongoing basis.
- Complete timesheets
- Other tasks as identified and required.
Measure of performance (How the job is actually measured and what success looks like)
- Ability to identify user goals, objectives and requirements and translate these into usable technical solutions for both client and internal business projects.
- All projects are completed to specifications/contractual agreement by due date.
- Manage feedback loops as they emerge and update and amend as required.
- Data quality and integrity is continuously achieved, and complex issues are resolved timeously.
- Complex issues are resolved without the need for escalation, by adapting procedures tools and techniques.
- Identify and implement improvements and changes to processes ensuring that they are continuously improved and upgraded.
- Standard operating procedure documents are compiled, shared and trained into client and business for continued excellence in operational delivery.
- Target KPI’s met or exceeded.
A tertiary qualification - BCom, information management or equivalent with the relevant business analysis diploma or certifications. Minimum two years of industry-related work experience in a business analysis role. Agile/Scrum certifications would be beneficial.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- In depth knowledge of cloud service offering (i.e.: Microsoft Azure)
- Experience in requirements gathering for software development projects
- Understanding of data warehousing and databases
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Strong specification and documentation writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis as well as communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Effective time management to prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, deliveries and competing demands.
- Troubleshooting ability with the ability to develop logical solutions to fit situations and expectations and/or follow specifications.
- Ability to manage growth and work under pressure.
- High levels of initiative, proactivity and delivery orientated.
- High attention to detail.
- Service and delivery orientated.
- A process-driven individual.
- Highly analytical with problem-solving skills.
- Innovative and results-driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are;
Posted on 19 Nov 09:19, Closing date 15 Jan