Senior Business Analyst
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Discussed in the interview|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Private Property South Africa|
Job descriptionMain Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of this role is to deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions with cutting-edge technologies and offers the successful incumbent the opportunity to build a career solving complex and interesting business problems. Our customers love us because we find the right blend of strategy, creativity and technology to create data-driven solutions and as the Senior Business Analyst, you will have contributed greatly towards making this happen.
The Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer's business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges. The ideal candidate has experience working in an e-commerce environment and can comfortably work within an agile working environment.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting other project managers on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members and providers at the market level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information
- Lead and participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and ontime delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide leadership by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Stay current with customer needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences
- Ability to analyse and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and
- conceptualizing processes
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business
- requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Develop and execute test plans for End User Acceptance and testing
- Extended working hours where applicable
- Works remotely with occasional travel
Company DescriptionAn inspiring culture and organisation to be a part of.
At Private Property, our values define our culture. These values form the core of who we are as people and inform how we operate our business.
Our culture is built on the following values: Service. Collaboration. Innovation. Agility. Grit.
These values give us purpose and direction as we strive to achieve great things together.
We invest in our people and help them to grow with us. We are proud of the calibre of our people and are successful because of them. We recognise and reward success and look for people who share our passion for innovation and excellence.
RequirementsWhat you Need to Succeed: Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bcom Degree in Business Management, Computer Science degree, Engineering or a closely related field; an honours Degree is advantageous
- A recognisable BA/BPM Certification mandatory
- Lean/Six Sigma certification is highly advantageous
- Must have at least three years’ experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business in an e-commerce environment
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Data analysis – Must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel
- Must have worked on Agile projects and able to demonstrate understating and participation of agile methodology
Posted on 12 Feb 07:11
+27 82 424 2332