|Location:||Cape Town, Century City|
A highly action-driven Project/Product Manager, who can listen and interpret the needs of both technical and business stakeholders while being able to effectively facilitate the delivery flow of a team, is sought by a dynamic global Data Specialist to join its team. Your role will include planning roadmaps between Dataset Domain Leads & arranging their weekly meetings while setting up JIRA boards and Performance Reporting templates and monitoring these. You will require experience applying Agile principles, being able to deliver an awareness of Agile tools, be proficient with JIRA, MS Office and ideally Tempo and have experience of the whole project life cycle, being able to operate from initial conceptual design stage to the depths of system testing, and each stage in between.
- Facilitate roadmap planning between all Dataset Domain Leads ensuring persistent alignment and consistency.
- Plan resources according to key priorities highlighted in the Dataset roadmap and by key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a status report template, ensuring that plans and status updates are communicated to internal and external stakeholders.
- Remove obstacles and resolve conflicts across all Dataset Domain Leads, Departments and Support team.
Define processes and best practices, including:
- Delivery methodology.
- Jira board and flows set up.
- Performance reporting template set up and tracking.
- Facilitate retrospectives. record actions and help with follow ups.
Organise the Dataset Leads weekly meeting -
- Consolidate agenda.
- Record notes and actions.
- Experience applying Agile principles in practice. You can identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. You can recognise when something does not work and encourage a mindset of experimentation. Provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver. You have an awareness of Agile tools and use them intelligently. Visualise and make visible the work of the team.
- Proficient in the use of JIRA, Microsoft Office, and ideally Tempo.
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between. Recognise when to move from one stage of a product life cycle to another. Ensure the team is working towards the appropriate service standards for the relevant phase. You can manage delivery products and services at different phases.
- Understanding of continuous improvement concepts (Kaizen) including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping is beneficial. Identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated, bringing in the techniques and skillsets to implement necessary improvements.
- A 'completer-finisher' taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success. Action-driven and able to incite a sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them. You can manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible. You are capable of proactive and reactive communication. You can facilitate difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
- Know how to bring people together to form a motivated team. Help to create the right environment for a team to work in and can empower them to deliver. You can recognise and deal with issues. Facilitate the best team make-up depending on the situation.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered
Posted on 28 Jun 15:25
087 351 0743