Lead Full Stack Developer - PHP
Job descriptionA specialist educational institution based in Cape Town requires the skills of a seasoned PHP Developer to join their team. You will be responsible for overseeing of programming tasks to develop, enhance, test and maintain in-house and 3rd party web-based platforms. Additionally, you would need to develop, enhance and maintain integrations with 3rd party software platforms to support business critical processes as well as mentoring of intermediate and junior developer.
- Assist with development planning and drive the development process to meet project objectives.
- Co-ordinate tasks within the development team in order to minimise bottlenecks.
- Facilitate communication and information sharing within the development team.
- Provide feedback on any potential risks or delays to project team.
- Programming of solutions and functionalities identified for development, including new applications, enhancements to existing applications and system integrations.
- Implement and review team code to ensure code base consistency and coding best practices.
- Oversee the version control of the source code for in-house applications.
- Design and streamline user interfaces to enhance usability and functionality of internally developed applications.
- Where applicable, ensure cross-platform and browser compatibility of the user interfaces.
- Monitor and ensure the stability of in-house applications and/or features.
- Ensure that all new features, enhancements and bug fixes are deployed on the QA environment for testing/approval before production deployment.
- Monitor, make changes and support newly deployed application functionalities / features.
- Assist with dev-ops tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
- Troubleshoot and develop fixes for user reported bugs and problems.
- Make ad-hoc enhancements to legacy applications to ensure business continuity.
- Provide support to ensure the continuity of business processes.
- Formulate ad-hoc queries for user support and reporting purposes.
- Support users on a database level where manual interventions are required.
- Keep abreast of the progress and changes in the web development eco-system.
- Provide suggestions for version upgrade, new technologies, best practice and areas for improvement. as well as identify the potential risks involved.
- Provide support and mentorship to new and/or junior team members.
Relevant Degree/Diploma in IT, and/or
- Fiive+ years’ solid experience in web application development
- Bootstrap CSS
- NPM / Vue2.js
- PHP / NodeJS
- MySQL / MariaDB
- SOAP-XML/Restful web-services
- MVC/OOP frameworks
- Basic Command Line
- GIT version control
*nix server platforms
- Advanced experience with systems integrations such as Moodle, Salesforce and Accumatica
- Attitude for continuous improvement and learning
- Take pride and ownership of own work
- Ability to think logically and critically
- Comprehension of complex business processes
- Eye for detail and clear understanding of business objectives
- A team player and willingness to mentor juniors
Personal Skills/AttributesLead, Full, Stack, Developer, PHP,
Posted on 27 Aug 14:46
087 351 0743