Our much respected client based in Addo (Eastern Cape), is looking for an experienced Export and Freight Manager to join their dynamic team.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
Qualifications and experience:
- 7-10 years working in shipping and freight forwarding environment
- Qualification in International Trade or Qualification in Clearing and Forwarding and Shipping
- Able to work overtime and handle deadline pressures
- Experience in transport logistics will be advantageous
Areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
- Bookings, haulage and ocean freight logistics as well as customs and export documentation processes.
- Ensure that all the processes as well as local and international protocols associated with the transportation of citrus fruit is maintained and adhered to.
- Department budgeting and cost management.
- The accurate management shipping line allocations inline with agreed contractual volumes.
- Explore all freight options to ensure customer product arrivals dates are met.
- Excellent communication skills – effective communications with clients and service providers
- Sound ocean freight knowledge
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven people management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of financial systems
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have nit heard back from us within 2 weeks.