Assist the Executive chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
- To deputise in the Head Chef's absence.
- To ensure that all chefs des parties are familiar with the day's requirements.
- To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
- To ensure that all staff are treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy.
- To ensure that timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are up-to-date.
- To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all maintenance problems are timeously reported and followed up.
- To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- To ensure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
- To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- To ensure that the dining room/ restaurant personnel are "standing by" when delicate dishes are served.
- To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff perform their duties correctly.
- To attend seminars and training courses as and when directed.
- To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards for the profession as a whole.
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Proven kitchen and food management experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Culinary science or related certificate
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Culinary school diploma or degree in Food service management, related field
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and manageme...