The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing and managing the company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy. Reporting to the Finance and Supply Chain Director the incumbent will be required to ensure that the quantity of supplies and materials are available to optimize production.
- Manage the Supply Chain team of 2, setting KPI’s and objectives in line with the company goals and strategy.
- Training and coaching of team members.
- Liaise with corporate departments of the Natural Foods team to optimize supply chain flows and processes.
- Collaborate with procurement, operations and logistics teams.
- Identify any bottleneck in the supply chain process and implement solutions as well as improvements in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards.
- Manage supply chain processes to ensure maximum availability, whilst minimizing stockholding across raw materials and packing.
- Determining impact of major change projects on the local supply chain from an operational and systems perspective.
- Ensure timely and correct input of new data into systems such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance etc.
- Any projects or tasks as requested by your Manager.
Procurement, logistics & finance
- Develop plans for the purchase of goods, monitor tasks pertaining to supply issues on behalf of the company, and oversee the implementation of new technologies for inventory management.
- Negotiate with suppliers to get the best quality materials at a fair price.
- Oversee sourcing of imported and local raw materials and ingredients as per product specification.
- Migration of packaging material from international to local suppliers.
- Interaction with corporate quality and R&D team on technical specifications of raw materials, ingredients and packaging material.
- Manage and monitor SAP integration of new business units.
- Collaborate with logistics teams regarding shipments (ETA/ETD) and follow up on documentation.
- Inputs into annual budget process.
- Identify, manage and implement innovation projects across the business units.
- Deliver projects that reduce cost and stockholdings.
- Compile overall project plan.
- Source quotes and submit for approval.
- Progress report against project plan and budget.
- Submission of weekly project payments for approval.
- Excellent professional work standard.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Team player.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills on all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of project management.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Degree in supply chain management augmented by at least five years appropriate experience in the field.
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc.)
- BA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field.
TO APPLY OR RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE:
- click on the "Apply" button or
- apply online at www.casupport.co.za/vacancies or
- forward a comprehensive CV to [email protected] with “SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Reference #: CPT000777
Consultant Name: Ilana AuretPieters