Senior Superintendent - Fleet
|Location:||Cape Town, Ottery|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Water and waste services • Solid waste management • Technical services
Senior superintendent: Fleet
(Applicants who applied under SWM 1/21 must not re-apply)
TCOE: salary commencing from R840,607 per annum • ref no: SWM 24/21 • Hillstar, Ottery
- Diesel mechanic trade tested artisan or technical/professional qualification
- Five years’ relevant post-trade experience at an appropriate level as per KPAs below
- Five years’ experience in a supervisory technical position
- Computer literacy
- A valid Code C or EC drivers licence
- Must be willing to work overtime as well as weekends.
Operational control :
- Coordinating tasks/activities associates with the implementation of procedures and, monitoring and reporting on sequences/outcomes
- Assessing the adequacy of procedures, systems and controls associated with vehicle, plant, equipment and material availability and utilization
- Participating in operational discussions/meetings and elaborating/presenting factual information
- Planning, prioritising and scheduling project and maintenance work
- Analysing financial resource requirements against project scope and time frames
- Preparing resource allocation schedules (cost, material and time spread) and priority programmes for execution
- Monitoring attendance /conduct and output and addressing deviations form agreed performance indicators
- Addressing workplace conflict/conduct
- Defining skill gap and training needs and activating procedural sequences aimed at developing and capacitating individuals
- Conducting inspections with a view to determining the status and/or progress of work at specific locations/sites
- Participating in project handover inspections and verifying scope of contract against actual outcomes prior to confirming approval/acceptance
- Checking details of transactional documentation
- Completing investigative reports, reconciling details of findings from inspections/ observations
- Monitoring compliance with administrative and reporting requirements
- Responsible for the compilation of the depot's operating and capital budget including monitoring.
Closing date: 9 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 28 Jun 09:48