Senior ETL Developer
|Remuneration:||R850000 – R900000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
An exciting opportunity has presented itself with a business that is a cutting-edge consolidation of companies, each a formidable business in their respective fields, from telecoms and financial services to energy, property and consulting (engineering and electronics). They require a senior ETL developer with PostgreSQL to join their dynamic, driven team.
You’d be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the database. The primary role will be to maintain databases by identifying and solving database requirements and supporting users. You will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, programming, or a related field.
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL).
- Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), 'object-oriented database management systems' (OODBMS) and NO SQL database management systems.
- Windows and Linux knowledge.
- Shell Scripting.
- Data Center Migration.
- Data Migration.
- Database Server Upgrade.
- Performance and Tuning.
- Backup and recovery
- Assisting in database design; identifies database requirements by interviewing users; analysing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Setting up and testing new database and ETL handling systems.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, scalability, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Updating and amending existing databases; installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Monitoring database efficiency; maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data.
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted; supports database functions by designing and scripting utilities.
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure that they operate reliably.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency that offers our candidates options so that we can place the right people, with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 19 Feb 11:55
+27 11 463 3633