Job descriptionOur Nomad Now Client, a 24-year-old JSE listed financial services technology provider, is looking for a senior developer a minimum of four years’ experience in development.
You will be involved in the development and enhancement of the company's in-house life insurance policy administration software. You will be responsible for providing development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for software applications.
- A relevant IT/programming degree or diploma at an accredited institution
- Microsoft certifications e.g. (MCTS, MCSD, MCSE, MCDBA etc.) will be advantageous
- At least four years of work experience as a developer
- Life insurance experience will be advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Software knowledge
- Understanding computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Visual Studio 2010/2012
- Agile methodology
- VB.Net 2010/2012
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Windows 7/8
- Planning, designing and developing new feature functionality for software applications per customer or internal specifications
- Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects in designated application code
- Technical quality assurance
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware systems or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Compiling, reviewing and writing technical specifications
- Development and enhancement of the company's in house developer
- Life Insurance Policy Administration software using C#; VB.NET 2008,2010 and 2012, XML, WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) and SQL Server 2008/2012.
- Support for any and all bugs or errors that were identified either by the clients or by internal staff identified in both the standard system and in any integration applications at the company.
- Technical and complex coding, including new product and process configuration on client databases
- Review codes written by other programmers
- Assist other programmers by means of peer programming
- Customised configuration
- New product and process configuration on client databases
- Use of SQL for investigation and reporting purposes on client databases
- Creation and maintenance of client specific methods
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior developers
Posted on 08 Jul 08:27