Receptionist / School Secretary
|Location:||Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Cape Town|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionOur Client situated in Kenilworth, is a new independent school currently offering Grades R – 2, with a learner compliment of 36 learners.
We are looking to recruit a Receptionist/School Secretary to join our dedicated team. This is a front office role, where you will be a central part of the welcome extended to pupils, parents, and all other visitors to the School. You will undertake specific administrative duties (see list below), such as the maintenance of various registers, as well as other more ad hoc tasks, which will assist in the daily provision of a secure and stimulating environment, in which the learners can develop to achieve their full potential.
The school seeks to employ a mature person who is flexible and adaptable, with a keen eye for detail and a strong interest in the provision of education. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers as well as Police clearances.
Only apply for the position if you meet the above requirements.
- Demonstrated proofreading ability.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use word processing, database, spreadsheet, and email software – Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and maintain flexibility.
- Demonstrates strong human relations skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in business math.
- Ability to perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Relevant admin experience.
- Demonstrates strong human relations skills, with adults and learners, which have created a positive and inviting work environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- This position provides secretarial support for a variety of functions within the school.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, greets visitors, makes appointments, and gives information.
- Types and enters data for letters, schedules, reports, forms, and other materials.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of office technology to meet administrative needs.
- Maintains filing systems, learner records, attendance reports, etc
- Collects monies for various school purposes, and keep appropriate records of such funds.
- Orders, receives supplies, and checks invoices.
- Assists in maintaining office environment accountability.
- Assists in scheduling use of facilities.
- Assists with registration and transfer of records on Cemis/WCED
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Distributes mail and supplies.
Posted on 20 Feb 15:51
079 651 8174