Quality Assurance Software Tester
|Location:||Johannesburg, Linbro Park|
A national provider of digital communications in Joburg seeks to fill the role of a Quality Assurance Software Tester who’s passionate about delivering high quality in a reliable, repeatable fashion and who can appreciate the need for a great user experience. Your role will entail developing and executing software test plans and test cases for new applications, application enhancements and conducting both Manual and Automation Testing. You will require a relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, suitable Software Testing Certifications, 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role and hands-on test planning and execution experience including project sizing, test strategy, test data definition, data setup, etc., proficiency with C#, Java, Windows, Linux, JIRA, SQL and Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Responsible for developing and executing software test plans and test cases for new applications, application enhancements for client/server based, web-based and mobile-based software.
- Create, enhance, debug, and run test cases.
- Ability to do both Manual and Automation Testing.
- Develop tests to verify feature, functionality, and performance for 3rd-party and in-house developed applications.
- Record test results and generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs, etc., and help to diagnose issues discovered during QA testing.
- Develop automation scripts for Repetitive and Regression Tests.
- Defect logging and follow up with Dev team.
- Analyse historical data to categorize and identify root causes of issues and find areas for improvement.
- Interact with various departments to solve issues.
- Report progress on problem identification and resolution.
- Assist in other various tasks related to the QA.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shifts of focus.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to implement new products and features.
- Work closely with the Dev team to clearly understand the product, intended functionality, and user workflows.
- Analyse, design, and create functional test plans that can be automated using Automation Testing tools.
- Execute Front-End tests against documented requirements, Regression Test, Exploratory Tests, and End-to-end
- Workflow Tests.
- Identify, document, and track defects quickly and precisely to resolution.
- Relevant Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Software Testing Certifications.
- 3 - 5 Years –
- Experience as a Software Test Engineer or Software QA Engineer.
Hands-on experience in test planning and execution activities, project sizing, test strategy, test data definition, data setup, test execution, defect reporting & communication of status / metrics.
- C# and Java Programming skills to write code to automate test cases and testing steps.
- Working on web applications and web-based technologies.
- In full software/system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience using JIRA
- Test Automation and tools including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance.
- Strong understanding of one or more querying languages, such as SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 05 May 14:03, Closing date 4 Jun
087 351 0743