Our client within the automotive industry is seeking a Process Engineer (Components) to continuously carry out evaluations and assessments to improve existing production / machining / assembly processes in terms of reduced cost and increased quality and productivity.
Open position : Process Engineer (Components)
Location : Port Elizabeth
Salary : Market related
EE / AA position : Yes
Type : Permanent position
The purpose of the position will be to formulate, introduce and maintain production / assembly processes with regards to new model introduction as well as to analyse, implement and direct any process changes due to Engineering Change requests.
Job requirements :
– National Diploma / BTech /B Eng / BSC Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in production machining / assembly process / electrical environment.
• In depth knowledge and experience in fault finding in the Production, layouts and facilities.
• Knowledge of Quality tools e.g. SPC, FMEA; Fishbone Diagram, as well as process capacity studies.
• Good understanding of technical drawings, geometrical forms and SPC.
• Sound understanding of ISO Quality Management System, DIN Standards and document control.
• Experience working with PLC’s (Siemens S7), Automation & Networks
• Knowledge and experience working with industrial communications systems i.e. Interbus, Profibus, Profinet)
Duties include :
• Monitoring and control of the production processes with the emphasis on CPU reduction and productivity improvement.
• Complete and issue of technical specifications for the manufacture of new facilities, or modification thereof, to ensure that Production have proper facilities with which to build to the required quality and productivity.
• The interpretation / compilation and distribution of technical data to Production and the maintenance thereof in accordance to the Quality Management System.
• Determining corrective action plans for out –of –line manufacturing / assembly conditions.
• Determining equipment / process choice with regards to cost per component reduction.
• Maintaining Process documentation Systems files.
• Highlight and follow up any out of line conditions.
• Conducting area pre-audits to external audits by Konzern or Certification bodies.
• Analyse bottleneck processes and support Production in finding solutions.
• Liaise with facility suppliers – both on and off site on problem analysis and rectification.
• Identification of method changes, facility requirements and implementation of technical solutions.
• Assist in technical investigations and fault finding exercises.
PLEASE INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR BY INCLUDING THE TITLE OF THE POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL!
Candidates meeting all the above criteria are invited to email their CV to [email protected]
If you have not received contact from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.