Junior Systems/DevOps Engineer
|Location:||Cape Town, Claremont|
A dynamic education specialist based in Cape Town seeks an ambitious Junior Systems/DevOps Engineer with a strong aptitude for IT solutions support, maintenance, and operations. Your role will entail attending to and resolving ad hoc Systems Service Desk requests, investigating solution platform issues and escalating to the Systems Development team if necessary. You will also assist with Quality Assurance, Testing and Debugging of in-house developed solutions. You will require a relevant IT Degree/Diploma and/or 1-2 years solid Help Desk Support experience including with Ticketing systems like JIRA & proficiency with SQL Reporting GUIs, MS Office & Teams. If you are looking into a career in Software Engineering & have some fundamental knowledge of web development and SQL, this is the opportunity for you!
Systems Help Desk Support –
- Respond within agreed time limits to Service Desk requests.
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
- Communicate with staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face, over the phone or electronically, to help resolve issues timeously.
- Follow documentation and written instructions to resolve user reported issues.
- Provide training and support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Setup new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues on various solutions.
- Establish a good working relationship with stakeholders and other professionals, such as Software Developers.
Quality Assurance and Testing –
- Test and evaluate software solutions enhancements, compiling bug reports and insights into issues identified for the Development team.
- Develop quality assurance routines & automations to ensure deployed solutions are of a high standard.
Reports requirements –
- Generate basic ad-hoc SQL reports based on client requests and audit requirements.
- Compile and distribute Help Desk reports
Contribute to the Systems knowledge –
Assist with keeping support documentation current and up to date.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in IT, and/or 1-2+ years’ solid experience in Help Desk Support.
- Ticketing systems (JIRA Service Desk).
- Microsoft Office and Teams.
- SQL Reporting GUIs.
- Logical, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork skills.
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- The ability to prioritise workload.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 05 May 14:18, Closing date 4 Jun
087 351 0743