Our leading client based in George is currently looking for a IT Quality Assurance Technician to join their growing IT Development team.
- Assisting the team in designing and implementing a testing framework.
- Testing multiple applications on a host of platforms and devices to ensure the quality and identify bugs to be fixed.
- Auditing of existing systems.
- Building Automated Tests using Selenium and Postman.
- Continuous improvements to process and overall testing
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications
- Troubleshooting automation software
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Collaborating with the Development team to solve application faults.
- Create new automated tests and tasks and convert existing manual tests and tasks where applicable.
- Ensure that bugs are identified and resolved before going into production
- Taking part in cross-team activities such as knowledge-sharing and documentation
Skills/experience that you should have:
- Matric or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Unit and Feature testing libraries
- Basic understanding programming frameworks.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Basic Understanding of APIs and use of Postman
- Experience in C# based Selenium Automation frameworks
- Familiarity with programming script languages including
- Programming skills including automation systems and databases
- C# (or similar scripting) experience
- Previous experience working as a QA automation engineer
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of Azure CI/CD
- Execute manual test cases to assist manual testing
- Knowledge of the Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Trello etc).
- Thoroughness and desire for self-development.
- Problem-solving ability.
- A good team-player and an excellent communicator (written and verbal).
Other advantageous skills/experience:
- Any software testing certification or relevant degree.
- Experience in Security Testing
- Experience in LnP (load & performance) Testing
- Project management
- React and/or angular experience
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.