|Own transport required:||Yes|
Applications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the CEO (Interim).
The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, internal control, risk management and compliance across the group (Ngwato Nkosi Holdings, Newzroom Afrika, and other future entities that fall within the group.
- Develop annual budgets in collaboration with other Departments;
- Review monthly budget-expenditure variance reports;
- Review monthly management accounts and reports;
- Review of finance reports for Board and subcommittees;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management, and accounting;
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are produced in an accurate and timely manner (These include but not limited to bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors, inter-company accounts, etc);
- Management of day-to-day finance and accounting processes;
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentoring for direct reports and ensuring that performance contracts are signed by all direct reports and there’s ongoing performance monitoring.
- Preparation of group Interim and Annual Financial Statements within agreed upon timelines in line with the group finance reporting framework;
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across the group;
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register;
- Review and submission of returns to SARS, Department of Labour and any other statutory submissions relevant to the group;
- Manage the payroll processes to ensure that payments to staff and third parties are as per the group payroll timeframes;
- Assist both internal and external auditors in the execution of their audits and ensure all documents required for audit are provided on a timely basis (from both internal and external auditors);
Qualifications, experience, and personal attributes
- CA (SA) a pre-requisite
- Minimum of five years middle management experience in a financial accounting
- SAGE Evolution experience is compulsory;
- Strong management skills;
- The candidate must be ethically sound and with no criminal record;
- Knowledge and experience in managing audit processes;
- Highly numerate and ability to analyse statistical information and interpret financial data to produce reports which are accurate and easy to understand;
- Ability to work at both a detailed and strategic level;
- Demonstrate ability to make informed decisions, manage workload, and meet
- Strong personal computer skills with MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint);
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills and
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships by building personal credibility and trust.
- Strong business acumen, ethics and integrity
- Good communications skills (written and verbal) at all levels within the business and with stakeholders
- Team player, goal-driven and energetic
- Approachable, flexible and change-oriented
- Planning and organising
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally across various levels within the organisation
- Well organised self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Negotiation and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to see the bigger picture to set clear direction and goals in line with organisational priorities/ goals
- Viewer centric
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Posted on 12 Oct 16:17, Closing date 21 Oct