|Location:||Anywhere in Africa|
|Company:||The Knowledge Trust|
What's the story?
We’re a movement on a Mission to make education more accessible to more people, more often. We believe that talent is equally distributed but that opportunity is not, and we exist to change this and make sure that everyone has a fair shot at reaching their potential.
Do you believe in our mission? Can you embrace our Mission and Vision to the fullest? We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join our team to make sure that we continue to put our Purpose before Profit, but in a way that ensures we continue to be sustainable and profitable.
Our mission is to make education more accessible to more people more often, SUSTAINABLY and the only way we can be sustainable ensuring that we stay on track, well within budgets and grow each year. You will be heading up the finance department looking after everything to do with finance and accounts.
We are really busy, scaling quickly, and committed to giving you an opportunity to build a career in a purpose-driven company. We will give you all the necessary tools to be great. We don’t want clock watchers but people who will go the extra mile to help us change the world.
Ps. the salary on offer is market-related
Overall responsibility for the full financial function of the business which includes, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring of BEE compliance
- Liaising with external stakeholders
- Build and grow the finance department
- Implementation of scalable financial processes
- All budgeting and forecasting (quarterly/annual)
- Oversee all tax compliance (VAT and Income Tax)
- Manage and integrate our financials with our BTC wallet
- Preparation and maintenance of cash flow forecasting
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts/Financial Accounts
- All transactional processing on our accounting systems (Sage and Xero)
- Provide advice on financial matters impacting the organisation as a whole
- Manage and process payroll including all relevant compliance (PAYE monthly and annual returns, SARS, COIDA)
- Management of accounts receivable and payable functions, including collection of invoices and payment of suppliers
- Prepare and present financial reports in monthly and quarterly management meetings including key financial indicators and strategic insights
- You must share our values.
- You must have at least 5 years of work experience
- You must be able to work effectively in a remote working environment
- You need to know your way around a computer and online software tools
- Because you believe in our Mission, Vision and Values?
- Because you want to save the world with education?
Posted on 19 Aug 12:57