|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
Fill the critical role of a data engineer sought to help enable an innovative and value-adding financial services Provider to become a data-centric business. You will take responsibility for key areas including Data Flow and Reporting, Software Development Management and Database Administration. The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in computer science/informatics, have five years in a business intelligence environment, experience in Data Analysis, System Development and Development Pipelines, proficiency in SQL, Power BI, ETL, DAX, Project Management, Data Modelling, Data Wrangling, Data Visualisation, Data Importing Techniques and Data Cleaning and Manipulation.
- Provide input into long-term IT Strategy with regards to reporting and system development to support the overarching business strategy.
- Implement the approved reporting and system development strategy of the company.
- Project plans to support the strategy objectives in the preferred tools (e.g., wrike) of the company.
- Execution of projects according to required timelines.
Data flow and reporting -
Accuracy of reporting:
- Ensure the implementation of controls and Business Intelligence principals.
- Evaluate data constantly to establish the relevance, accuracy and usage in reports.
- Standardise and consolidate the data- and reporting flow throughout the company to ensure compliance with relevant regulation.
- Test and maintains data architectures (e.g., databases, data lakes)
- Oversee and verify the quality of development efforts by the BI Team to ensure accurate reports.
Usefulness of reporting:
- Design and develop complicated data models for consumption by BI Reporting and oversee setup of simplified data models by the BI team.
- Gather and oversee requirements and constantly consults with stakeholders to establish reporting needs.
- Drive business awareness and usage of BI Report in conjunction with the IT Training Department.
- Oversee the maintenance of a library of reports and key measures consumed by the organisation and their purposes.
Availability (Timeous) of reporting -
- Plan and prioritise the development needs of reporting solutions for execution by the BI team to ensure the on-time delivery expectations to stakeholders.
- Oversee the development efforts of the BI Team to ensure the timeous delivery of reporting needs.
- Documented Procedures and training material.
- Data Models according to minimum standard to support business reporting.
- Up to date library of reports and key measures.
- Timeously delivery of accurate non-financial regulatory reporting.
- Documented test procedures for data architectures and new reports.
- Accurate BI Reports for consumption by the business.
Software development management -
- Standardised the software development life cycle for development teams.
- Approval of business requirement before allocation to external development teams.
- Prioritise the development activities of the external development team in line with the project plans.
- Oversee the activities of external development teams to ensure that the approved SDLC processes as determined by the company from time to time are followed and line with supplier SLA's.
- Provide technical guidance to both stakeholders and the development team to maximize the output and productivity of the Development team.
- Management of the code repository and source control of all the Development activities.
- Plan and oversee the deployment and releases through means of the SDLC processes.
- Documented procedures in line with relevant policies.
- Execution of project plans and tasks according to deadlines.
- Regularly deployment release through the preferred tools (e.g., GitLab).
- Report on development and deployment activities.
Database administration -
- Maintain the data architectures of the company to ensure speed and stability.
- Ensure database se
Posted on 12 Jul 10:39, Closing date 11 Aug