Chief Financial Officer
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the CEO.
The primary functions of the CFO is to provide effective and strategic leadership, ensure the establishment and implementation of sound financial and risk management, accounting, procurement and internal control systems and processes in order to ensure that proper financial controls are in place and that financial transactions support the overall business strategy while conforming with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise the executive management, CEO, Board and its sub committees on finance strategic matters;
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Oversee the budget preparation process, provide advice and support to other Departments;
- Ensure that there’s an approved budget in place for NATV and responsible for the oversight and management thereof;
- Oversee annual audits on time and with minimal or no adjustments
- Exercise oversight on the preparation of monthly management accounts, monthly budget-expenditure variance reports and other finance reports;
- Monitor the operation of the accounting systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure integrity of the financial information;
- Design and ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies and procedures across the business;
- Ensure accuracy of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements for submission and presentation to the CEO, Board and relevant subcommittees;
- Manage and oversee internal and external audit processes while ensuring that all audit action and risk management plans are adequately and timeously addressed according to statutory requirements;
- Ensure proper management of assets including safeguarding and maintenance thereof;
- Establish and monitor procurement of goods and services in line with the company BBBEE target
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team;
- Ensure conclusion of annual performance agreements, conduct reviews and assessments;
- Identity staffing and training needs, evaluate employee performance, and coach Accounting and Finance staff:
- Maintain and enhance staff discipline in accordance with NATV’s Disciplinary Code, Policy and Procedures
- CA (SA)
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years of CFO experience
- At least 10 years’ experience at senior management level.
- A successful track record of leadership and teamwork
- Knowledge of PFMA, IFRS, GAAP, Income Tax Act and other statutory requirements.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Strong business acumen, ethics and integrity
- Good communications skills (written and verbal) at all levels within the business and with stakeholders
- Team player, goal driven and energetic
- Approachable, flexible and change oriented
- Planning and organising
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally across various levels within the organisation
- Well organised self-starter with ability to multitask
- Negotiation and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to see the bigger picture to set clear direction and goals in line with organisational priorities/ goals
- Viewer centric
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Posted on 12 Oct 12:46, Closing date 21 Oct