This position is responsible for working with cost calculations for various projects and tenders and will include calculating material quantities, procurement of materials and tender pricing. As an extension of the costing process this position will be required to maintain accurate cost reports for projects. This will be done in conjunction with senior project management.
Minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience is a definite pre-requisite.
Our market focus is: Electronic Building Systems including: Access Control, CCTV & Fire Detection Systems.
If you are looking for a new exciting career opportunity, please send your detailed CV with contactable references.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Preparing tender documents and contracts
• Preparing Bill of Quantities.
• Preparation interim monthly Valuations and Claims
• Preparation works for Final accounts – Client and Sub-contractors
• Measuring on site
• Provide progress reports on projects
• Prepare and analyse costing for tenders considering plans and using best available price.
• Conduct tender evaluation.
• Minimise the project cost
• Provide advice on contractual claims and manage variations.
• Attend site progress meetings.
• Produce periodic detailed project progress reports and analyse project outcomes relative to project plan including cost reports and variation orders.
• Attend tender briefing meetings.
• Comply with internal policies, procedures, systems and controls.
• Perform other general estimating or QS functions.
Minimum experience and qualifications:
• Minimum 2 – 4 years’ relevant experience
• Knowledgeable in JBCC contracts
• Experience with: CCS, Buildsmart, WinQS, DMX etc will be an advantage
• IT Experience/Knowledge
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to negotiate prices with contractors and suppliers
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, Adobe DC and Outlook experience
• Quantity surveying diploma/degree preferred
• Valid drivers’ licence and own transport
• Ability to read drawings
In return for your commitment and dedication we offer:
• 13th cheque
• Company Pension & disability benefits
• Market related Salary
Please apply by e-mailing a detailed professional CV with contactable references to [email protected]
Please note: That should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. We will keep your CV on record for future reference.
Job Reference #: Jnr QS – Quantity Surveyor (Electronics)