Responsible for all compliance, governance and risk management structures of all Funds administered by SALT.
Ensure proper implementation of legislative requirements across all Funds.
Create awareness of compliance and foster a culture of compliance within and across all Fund structures
Monitor the liaison between the Funds and stakeholders in terms of compliance
Monitor Funds compliance with relevant legislative or statutory requirements.
Funds and Boards risk management and reputational protection
Check Section 14 applications are well within the scope as required by the FSB.
Liaise with Employers on Section 13A non-adherence
Report to Boards on Section 13A non-compliance
Draft and submit Fund adopted resolutions
Draft and submit Fund rule amendments
Draft and submit Special Rules
Check death claims reports prepared internally before submission to Boards
Manage and monitor complaints from members, FSB, PFA, Ombudsman, Legal representatives of members and ensure appropriate responses
Compliance audit management on all Funds
Assist in the delivery of uncompromising standards ensuring world-class service delivery from teams
Manage relationships with regulator, providers and multi-functional SEB teams
Keeping up to date with regulatory developments in the pension fund, employee benefits financial and insurance services industry.
Understand and oversee Fund service level agreements with all internal and external stakeholders
Attend to management interaction and ensure best Fund processes in line with statutory requirements
Draft Fund Board policies
· Controlling the outcome of the determinations issued and ensuring adherence
· Provide monthly reports for the relevant stakeholders
· Be able to deal with the Board of Trustees and other stakeholder enquiries
Innovative and Team Player
· Self starter and ability to work independent
· Liaison with the Fund representatives or service providers to facilitate the resolution of complaints
· Actively participating and be actively involved in the strategic management of the office
· Be sufficiently familiar with organizational development and change management processes to
have a positive impact on the management of a team
· Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and relevant Authorities
Keep the business abreast of legislative, regulatory and industry developments
Provide oversight in the interpretation and analysis of statutes relevant to SALT EB, the communication of legislative and regulatory changes to the business and the updating of these changes to existing processes, as required.
To be done through
- ongoing updates distributed to management and staff via email;
- quarterly face-to-face Legal & Technical Briefing Sessions to all staff; and
- attending IRFA Le