Our client in the Logistics industry based in Port Elizabeth is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist.
Primary purpose of the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with the UK, Germany, and Netherlands finance team. You will be expected to ensure Purchase-to-Pay process is executed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. This role will best suit someone who has previous accounts payable knowledge and able to use their own initiative in a fast-paced environment. Communications skills will be crucial as the person will work for overseas offices. We are looking or a person that can build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Invoice processing
- Managing workflow in automated AP tool (Digital Mail Room)
- Handling queries
- Statement reconciliations
- Checking and challenging invoices and payments
- Liaising with external suppliers and internal staff
- Payment processing in bank and in accounting software
- Bank statement imports and reconciliation (CargoWise/HSBC/Hypo Bank & ABN Amro)
- FX knowledge
- Various ad-hoc purchase ledger tasks
- Self-Management – We don’t believe in micromanagement. You need to possess the drive and ability to take a project and run with it.
- Technical – Prior involvement in accounts payable knowledge is a requirement.
- M/S Office (particularly Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding Purchase – to – Pay processes
- Degree in accounting or finance preferred, or 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- Account Payable experience
- SA citizenship
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks.