|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a tremendous job opportunity for a senior Producer at a global pop culture brand’s Cape Town HQ. The Senior Producer is responsible for executing the creative vision of the Head of Content. The Producer will work closely with the Programming and Communications teams to meet audience objectives and the needs of the business by developing and implementing individual content pieces. The Producer will work with the local creative community to develop and produce content ranging from strategic long form, serialised formats to single short form video content for social use - and is responsible for the creative quality, distinctiveness, strength of narrative storytelling, and execution. We’re looking for someone insanely organised, who is familiar with overseeing budgets and possesses strong admin-based skills. You’re likely to be a senior Content Producer or Executive Producer by background, who has a proven track record for developing and executing world class content for target audiences in the market. If you are on the cutting edge of pop culture with a passion for sports, music, dance and art, you may well have stumbled onto your dream job. Apply today!
- Develops and produces innovative, high quality content that is always in line with the brand attitudes, values and quality standards.
- Works with top production partners, photographers and talent in the local market, to deliver state-of-the-art content from editorial to technical perspectives. Builds and maintains a network of companies, creative professionals, agencies, co-producers and partners within the specific country.
- Executes productions (both still and moving images) from concept phase to final delivery, aligned with the defined holistic content strategy for that market.
- Collaborates regularly with the brand’s international producers, ensuring full transparency regarding project status and timelines.
- Identifies and develops new story angles for existing projects, genres and recurring content opportunities (Athlete Projects, Opinion Leaders, Events, Team Presentations, On Premise, Consumption Occasions etc.)
- Ensures that all productions are executed in line with the brand’s Media House Production Management guidelines and requirements (i.e. proper rights clearance, delivery standards, metadata, production schedules, budgets, etc.)
- Manages Photographers for shoots and events. Assists in the creation of creative concepts for still shoots and delivery of still images to the international Media House.
- Assists in the management of the online editorial side. Focusing on the management of the editors, writers and the stories that are featured.
- Manages all local livestream and live broadcast productions when they take place in the country and co-operates with the brand’s international TV Live producers.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- University Degree level education (ideally in Communications, Journalism, Film Studies or similar)
- 7+ years overall media employment in TV production, commissioning or similar, ideally in factual entertainment, documentary or reality
- Senior Content Producer or Executive Producer background with a proven track record for developing and executing world class content for target audiences in the market
- Work experience from a TV network or large production company, or uninterrupted freelance work for top-tier companies
- Proven track record and passion for developing and producing distinctive content, long-form and short-form
- Experience in executing multiple productions, budgets and partners
- Familiarity with the regional content market (from TV to OTT and social networks), including relationships within the local creative community (production companies, talent, artists, musicians, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of the fundamental principles of storytelling in long and short form programming
- Editorial expertise, with the ability to evaluate and give clear, constructive feedback on ideas, treatments, productions, etc.
- Skills in coordinating and guiding production partners and teams from concept development phase through to production and delivery
- A broad knowledge of all media production methods for creation and delivery essential
- Additional experience in writing for television, filming, editing, production management and other aspects of development and production is useful
- Clear understanding of the international content market, broadcast strategy, commissioning, programming, audiences, ratings, branded content, etc.
- The ability to work well within a large, international organisation
- A positive, solution-oriented work attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (additional languages are a plus)
- Ability to project manage
- Solid Digital knowledge
- Some familiarity with live productions, long format and short format content production
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape – and the production of content in for various platforms and channels
- Strong advertising, marketing and production background. Understanding of marketing and advertising brands
- Cultural inclination towards sport, music, dance, art
- Familiarity with legal issues around copyright, contracts, artistic licence.
Please submit a link to your relevant portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application for this specific role, unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 12 Jul 06:43
+27 21 422 1037