Graphics Designer - 2D/3D Motion/Print/Digital
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the c reative director.
The role of a motion and print designer within Newzroom Afrika’s – creative department, must have the ability to create; 2D / 3D motion graphics plus print-ready elements for all of our clients’ briefs and requirements. Our duty as a department is to serve and deliver quality work within set timelines, at all times. As a designer, you report directly to the department’s head – the creative director. The department consists of a team of freelance creative designers, maestro on-air design, and tech support experts. And as the custodian of the brand, together with the Marketing and Sales Department, the creative graphics department is responsible for the channel’s overall look and feel, making sure that all elements we create are aligned to the brand and strategy thereof.
- The designer is expected to follow our strict design style guidelines and processes, to ensure that we always maintain and remain consistent with all our creations.
- This role is not gender nor race or tribal specific, but all applicants are evaluated based on the merit of the actual work, experience, and positive substantial referrals presented.
- If employed, the designer will go through adequate training to ensure that they are fully equipped for this line of work and responsibilities thereof above all, in tune with the organisation’s brand values.
- A minimum diploma/degree in design, multimedia, or fine arts qualifications will be considered as priority candidates for this position.
- But, if a candidate claims to be self-taught and has substantial experience, an exception to evaluate their potential for the job will be considered based on actual commercialized products, delivery, and reliability as per job/project or previous employers’ positive references and referrals plus an exceptional well-presented portfolio.
- A minimum of two years in design and motion graphics experience, production of actual commercialized work for either print, broadcast television, digital, or social media work – will be considered as a junior in the position and work experience of at least 4 years and above as mid-level to a senior position in the department – again, all is based on commercialised work and projects with great referrals and references from previous clients or employers.
- If appointed, the candidate will be expected to design and re-adapt graphic templates for on-air & social media boards, daily within pre-determined shift hours and set timelines.
- The candidates must be able to design and deliver extensive written briefs within the agreed-upon timelines & deadlines. Requests include information boards either for print, digital and on-air elements which will either be static or animated. For example infographics/newsletters/animated title boards/keynote presentations/animated titles and bumpers for our on-air shows and special projects.
- The candidate will need to report and communicate directly to the head of the department, for all matters concerning and any project-to-project related matters or issues that could potentially affect deliverables and set timelines & deadlines.
- The candidate must be able to interact and work well with a team of creative individuals.
- The candidate must take ownership of all projects – adhering to the guidance and assistance of their team headline manager or creative director, in responding and delivering on all of our clients’ briefs.
- Attention to detail is imperative for this line of work, making sure we are always brand aligned with the use of our house style guide and implementation design guidelines plus ensuring that a basic spell check of words written is done before work is sent for delivery and subbed accordingly.
- The designer considered for the job is required to adhere to set shift times and must report to their immediate line manager, on time, if any shift adjustments or replacements are to be made on your behalf and only matters beyond natural control will suffice as a reason and therefore excused.
- The designer together with the support of their creative lead or head of the department must be held accountable for all deliverables met or not met within agreed set timeframes for all work they produce.
- As a deadline-driven department, the designer must be prepared to work shift hours, including early morning and late evenings.
- The designer must have a good knowledge of our African audience in-order to create content relevant to the viewer and must maintain the very high standards of quality in all products and designs required of them at all times.
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East, and West Africa.
Posted on 20 Nov 15:51, Closing date 29 Nov