Freelance Senior Art Director
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
We are looking for a passionate freelance senior art director with retail client experience, someone with the skill set to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough campaigns for a national retail client. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork.
Our ideal candidate must have a keen eye for greater and finer details, work extremely well under pressure with quick deadlines, high work volume and demanding pitches. We want someone who is resourceful, a self-starter and a conceptual thinker. If you are all of the above and then some, have great communication skills, exceptional lay-out skills; know a thing or two about Art Direction in an Agency environment and plays well with others – we want to see your portfolio!
Role includes but is not limited to:
- Working in a team under the leadership of a deputy creative director to conceptualise and execute campaigns based on both client and internal briefs
- Present work imaginatively and confidently to clients and senior creatives
- Be skilled in design and conceptualisation
- Maintain exceptionally high standards for execution and attention to detail
- Collaborate and communicate well with the team and other departments
- Have an eternally positive disposition especially when the going gets rough
- Relevant tertiary qualification.At least 3-5 years’ experience as an Art Director in a large/integrated Advertising Agency.
- At least one years’ previous experience in a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated TTL campaigns across various platforms.
- Strong skills in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator are non-negotiable.
- Experience in digital and experiential advertising advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives.
- Experience in presenting campaigns to creative heads and clients.
- Experience working on lower to middle-income positioned brands advantageous.
Posted on 12 Jul 10:55, Closing date 10 Aug