Freelance DTP Art Director
Job descriptionNinety9cents Communications (Pty) Ltd is a full-service, integrated advertising agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Zambia, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and managing director Andrew Brand, Ninety9cents also topped a 2017 industry poll as the ‘Most Admired Ad Agency in Cape Town’. The agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Distell and DigiCape to name but a few. Our Cape Town office is looking for freelance DTP art directors to join their growing team for a four-month period.
Please note that this is freelance only. No remote/off-site work, this is strictly on-site.
Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working to a design brief from the client or designer
- Using DTP software (Adobe InDesign) to produce a layout
- Selecting formatting, such as the size and style of type; column width and spacing
- Selecting and checking colours
- Excellent attention to detail
- Diploma in DTP/art direction or similar
- At least three years' experience in DTP Art Direction
- Experience working on retail clients in an advertising agency preferable
- Own car and valid driver's licence preferable
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task across multiple briefs at any given time
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines under extreme pressure
- Must be able to work outside of regular working hours
- Must be willing to work on alcohol brands
Should you not hear from us within three weeks after submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
Posted on 30 Sep 16:14