|Remuneration:||R650000 - R700000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Job descriptionSouth Africa’s leading online retailer is looking for highly talented software development engineers to join their exciting team in Rosebank, Johannesburg. They are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hardworking people to join their team. They offer market related benefits, a great working environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!
They are looking for a site reliability engineer to work on their platform team. You should be initiative and comfortable in taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment. You will work with technical colleagues and should be comfortable gathering and organising information into a sensible action plan.
If you would like to be part of a standard of excellence, then this may be the right place for you! Apply now!
- Five+ years of experience in API and Web development
- Highly proficient with Python or PHP, and related web frameworks and web technologies, such as Django, Flask, or Laravel
- Relational databases
- Architecting, developing, testing and maintaining HTTP based APIs
- Development in a Linux
- Experience or interest in learning Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of version control systems (especially git)
- Advanced understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to algorithms, data structures, design patterns and OOP
- Comfortable with the odd frontend job - must have basic skills with (X)HTML, CSS and JS
- Design, develop and test code written in Python, working on a platform in Python and bash
- Building tooling around DevOps and Software Engineering best practices
- Draft technical specifications and briefs
- Monitor latency, performance, efficiency, and change management.
- Passionate about improving resilience and observability of distributed systems
- Perform code reviews
- Maintain and improve code quality
- Write and deploy robust and backwards-compatible code
- Relevant tertiary qualification in engineering or computer science
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 26 Mar 09:04