Senior Video Editor
Job descriptionBirthmark, an Award-winning creative agency specialising in the creation, production, and distribution of narrative short-form promotional content and TVCs for social media, SVOD, linear broadcast channels and other digital media platforms across a wide variety of brands, are seeking an established Senior Promo Video Editor to see through highly creative and engaging work.
As a Senior Video Editor, you’ll provide innovative and creative editing to the department’s Post Facility, supporting the Head of Post Production and other Editors. You will determine the narrative, structure, pace, tone and look of an edit while working closely with the Creative team to produce highly crafted content. You’ll work across various broadcast and digital channels, delivering jobs to the highest standard and technical specification. You’ll also impart your knowledge and wisdom to help nurture Junior Editors as well as day to day managerial and admin duties.
- Interpret and collaborate on briefs with all parties to manage creative deliverables and execute to the utmost standards.
- Compose edits that evoke emotions through strong narrative progression that’s clear and strategic
- Arrange formal reviews of work produced by creatives for QC and approvals
- Be aware of all work and projects throughout the company and oversee multiple projects within the editing department.
- Responsible for up-skilling and the creative output of other editors in your team.
- Planning of projects; specify post-production requirements, and implement best practices.
- At least five years' experience in promo/trailer editing or other equivalent styles.
- A shared portfolio of your proven track record that showcases your storytelling and technical abilities.
- Editing related degree/diploma.
- Proficient in Premiere Pro, Audition and other related software.
- Strong admin abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to mediate creative and technical challenges and be solution-driven.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team to meet deadlines under pressure
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully
Posted on 07 Jan 14:04