Senior Azure Data Engineer /Senior Consultant
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
Are you a tech-savvy data enthusiast with strong problem-solving / analytical skills who has a solid understanding of software development? Then this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a world-renowned BIG 4 firm specialising in audit & assurance, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax consulting services.
As a Senior Azure Data Engineer, you will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specialising in modern data solutions including data ingestion/data pipeline frameworks, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services.
Packages are negotiable at market related levels and we have both permanent and contract opportunities available, depending on your preference…
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired; certifications in Azure are an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise or Azure cloud to enable use cases in analytics and AI
- 3+ years’ experience with extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
- 3+ years’ experience with data warehousing or data lakes
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders, working with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
- As part of a team implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modelling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
- Estimate effort and mentor junior colleagues
- Participate in technical meetings with client staff, and advise client with technical option analyses based on leading practices
Reference Number for this position is CN52086 which is a permanent position based in Woodmead offering a cost to company salary negotiable on experience and ability.
Contact Craig Nel on [email protected] for more information OR send your CV with the abovementioned reference number in the subject line to appy.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website http://www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Posted on 04 Feb 16:34
011 463 3633