|Remote work:||Only remote work|
A leading FinTech company seeks a highly technical, detail-oriented QA Engineer with a knack for data troubleshooting. Your core role will entail manipulation, modelling and be responsible for the understanding of inter-dependencies between various data sources and business processes involving data flow. The ideal candidate must possess a Degree in BSc Computer Science/B.IT or Informatics related Degree, understanding and work experience in data integration and transformation, data analysis, modelling and surfacing, experience of creating reports using Excel or equivalent, SQL, SSIS, Iterative testing including debugging and refactoring, constructing data queries by combining multiple data sources & able to present information using data visualization techniques such as QlikView, Power BI and Tableau. Remote work on offer until further notice.
- Work closely with Product team to understand requirements.
- Work closely with the implementation team to triage possible bugs.
- Replicate issues found on both local and client environments.
- Capture issues on Jira.
- Client release testing.
- Weekly alpha testing.
- Ensure that new features/bug fixes meet success criteria.
- Work with the Product and Development teams to spec QA functionality
- Provide feedback to the Development team regarding new functionality and issue logging.
- Tertiary Degree in BSc Computer Science, B.IT or Informatics related Degrees, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science or an Engineering Degree.
- Understanding and working experience in data integration and transformation.
- Information and Technology services industry experience.
- Data analysis, modelling and surfacing.
- Data cleaning / Integrity checking.
- Experience of creating reports using Excel or equivalent.
- SQL, SSIS, database scripting (stored procedures, user defined functions, queries, triggers).
- Iterative testing including debugging and refactoring.
- Constructing data queries by combining multiple data sources.
- Present information using data visualization techniques (such as QlikView, Power BI and Tableau).
- Experience of consuming APIs.
- Some experience in a Programming language.
- Any sort of ETL or Data Warehousing knowledge.
- Statistical languages (such as R and MATLAB).
- Asset Management and Financial Services.
- A passion to learn and extend knowledge outside of the work sphere.
- Good at problem solving (core to the role).
- The ability to self-manage and self-motivate.
- Can communicate clearly with clients and the team.
- Team player.
- Adaptable and able to efficiently and effectively plan and structure tasks.
- Execute assignments against deadlines.
- Thrive in an agile environment.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [email protected] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 01 Jun 22:19, Closing date 1 Jul
087 351 0743