Job Title : Program Manager
Project : ATI Program
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Period of performance: Date of Approval – End of Project
The position is open To All South African citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing several large multi-year buy-in activities with significant labor and/or field presence, with support from technical advisors and the ATI team. Responsibilities include providing technical and management support to buy-in activities, working with the technical and operational teams to identify and mobilize resources in support of implementation, and supporting USAID clients. The Program Manager is also responsible for buy-in activity budget management and financial forecasting, in close coordination with and with support from other team members. The Program Manager will also be responsible for generating buy-in activity scopes of work, supporting the design of procurements and grants programs, and tracking budgets across ATI’s portfolio. In addition, s/he will provide surge procurement and operational support to existing ATI staff as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and track buy-in activity implementation progress by personnel, consultants and subcontractors, ensure it adheres to the approved workplan and deliverable schedule, and troubleshoot deviations;
- Support development and review of technical deliverables and contribute to subsequent learning;
- Manage relationship with client and implementing partner and serve as a project point of contact for the duration of the assigned buy-in activities;
- Lead on all matters related to the buy-in, including but not limited to contractual, operational, MEL, reporting, and financial matters;
- Ensure assigned buy-in activities are managed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI Procurement policies;
- Liaise with implementing parties to ensure proper M&E data capture and data quality to contribute to overall ATI project M&E reporting; and
- In tandem with relevant technical staff, generate buy-in scopes of work and budgets as needed
- As needed, support the project’s procurement and operational staff
- Travel to regional offices as required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a relevant subject area preferred
- 9+ years of project management experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on a USAID funded project
- Exhibited experience in budget, operational, and process management. Demonstrated experience in managing complex budgets and multi-year programs preferred.
- Proven project management, communications, writing and interpersonal skills including strong experience with client management
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, foreign language skills preferred
- Strong office management and communications skills;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations regarding project management, including procurement and grants
- Experience supervising staff preferred
- Ability to identify time-sensitive demands & inquiries and respond effectively
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.)
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English is required.
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, fluid team setting with multiple stakeholders
- The position is open To All South African citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS :
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : January 26, 2022