Principal Data Scientist
|Remuneration:||R1200000 – R1500000 per year Cost to company|
|Company:||E-Merge IT Recruitment|
A new opportunity has presented itself at one of the major broadcasting and media houses in the country. They require a principal data scientist to join their energetic team. Candidates need to code using R and Python and need to do the data extraction and data cleaning themselves. Consulting experience is a must-have.
- Postgraduate degree in business and quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science with an emphasis in statistics)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant data experience and experience building segmentation and propensity models
- Statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, forecasting and business strategy skills
- Able to program in different programming languages e.g. Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL
- Have an understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce etc.
- Experience with machine learning and AI is an added advantage
- Proficiency working with visualisation tools e.g. R, Shiny, Tableau, etc.
- Consulting experience
- To identify opportunities to innovatively use data to provide strategic and operational insights to business
- Identify new analytics trends/data needs and repeatable analytic solutions.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? E-Merge IT Recruitment is a niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right people with the right companies, in the right roles. Check out the E-Merge IT website for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals.
Posted on 20 Oct 10:57
ApplyMichelle Hiestermann Cooper
+27 11 463 3633